Break through the crackle coating to reveal a chewy, brownie-like centre — scrumptious!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 37g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 150g Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade 70% cocoa dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 60g Co-op unsalted butter
- 3 Co-op British free range eggs
- 300g Co-op Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- 145g Co-op plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 40g Co-op Fairtrade cocoa
- 100g Fairtrade granulated sugar
- 100g Fairtrade icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4
- Line 3 baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Put the chocolate and butter in a microwaveable bowl and heat for 2 mins, until melted
- Stir to combine, then set the mixture aside to cool slightly
- Put the eggs and brown sugar in a freestanding mixer or large bowl then whisk for 3-4 mins, until light and fluffy
- Stir in the melted chocolate mixture to combine
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarb and cocoa together, then carefully fold into the chocolate mixture until there are no flour streaks
- Chill for 30 mins
- Put the granulated and icing sugars in 2 separate bowls
- For each cookie, scoop out a large tablespoonful of the dough and shape into a ball
- Roll in the granulated sugar, then the icing sugar
- Transfer to a baking tray, leaving plenty of space for it to spread out while cooking; you should get 6 cookies on each baking tray
- Bake for 12-14 mins (do this in batches if you can’t fit all the trays in the oven), until the cookies are puffed up and starting to crisp
- Leave to cool for 20 mins on the tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool down completely before serving