French toast hot cross buns
Breathe new life into leftover hot cross buns with this French toast twist. It makes an indulgent brunch or dessert!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 42g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 3 Co-op British free range eggs
- 20ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 Co-op Irresistible Belgian chocolate brioche hot cross buns
- 30g Co-op unsalted butter
- 6 tbsp Co-op 0% fat Greek style natural yogurt
- 300g berries (we used strawberries, raspberries and blueberries)
- 3 tbsp Co-op pure Canadian maple syrup
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and cinnamon in a shallow bowl
- Add the buns, turn to coat in the mixture, then leave to soak for 5 mins
- Melt half the butter in a nonstick frying pan over a medium heat
- Fry half the buns for 2 mins on each side, until golden, then repeat
- Serve your French toast buns with the yogurt, fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup