Garlic and herb stuffed leg of lamb
Impress your guests with this very special Easter roast
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 23g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 slice Co-op white bread, crusts removed
- Co-op British lamb leg (roughly 2.1kg)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed, plus 1 whole bulb, halved
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 2 small onions, halved
- Few sprigs rosemary (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Put the bread on a baking tray and bake for 5 mins, then grate or whizz into crumbs
- Tip back onto the tray, spread out and bake for another 5 mins and set aside
- Using a sharp knife, cut around the lamb leg bone and remove
- Try to leave the surrounding skin intact
- Mix the mustard, thyme, rosemary, parsley, crushed garlic cloves and 30g of the breadcrumbs (freeze the rest to use another time)
- Add the olive oil, season, stir, then stuff the mixture into the lamb leg
- Tie the leg up with string, then put on a baking tray
- Roast according to the pack instructions, basting every 15 mins with the tray juices
- An hour before the end of cooking, add the garlic bulb and onions to the tray
- Add the rosemary sprigs for the last 15 mins of cooking too, then serve with these seasonal sides.