Hot cross bread and butter pudding
This tasty twist on Co-op hot cross buns will wow your guests
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 69g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 6 Co-op hot cross buns, halved
- 200g Co-op fine cut marmalade
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 60g Co-op dried apricots, chopped
- 2 Co-op British eggs
- 300ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 200ml Co-op double cream
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Co-op demerara sugar
- 6 scoops Co-op Irresistible vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4
- Lightly grease a 15cm x 25cm x 5cm ovenproof dish
- Spread each bun half with the marmalade
- Put the bottoms in the dish and sprinkle with half the lemon zest and apricot
- Add the tops then the rest of the apricot
- Whisk the eggs until fluffy
- Mix in the milk, cream and caster sugar
- Pour over the buns, sprinkle with the demerara sugar and rest of the lemon zest
- Bake for 40 mins
- Serve with ice cream, if you like.