Hot cross bun toastie
Pair fruit-packed hot cross buns with melted Cheddar and caramelised onions in this gloriously gooey creation
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 38g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Co-op Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- 1 tbsp Co-op balsamic vinegar of Modena
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 Co-op Irresistible luxury hot cross buns, halved
- 15g Co-op unsalted butter, melted
- 60g Co-op British mature Cheddar, grated
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan
- Cook the onion over a low-medium heat for 10-12 mins, stirring occasionally, until soft and slightly sticky
- Add the sugar and vinegar, increase the heat and cook for another 2-3 mins
- Stir in the thyme and remove from the heat
- Brush the outside of the buns with the butter, then stuff with the grated cheese and sticky onion mixture
- Press the buns down into the pan over a medium heat and cook for 1-2 mins on each side, until the cheese melts, then serve