This vibrant, fiery recipe is inspired by the street food vibes of Notting Hill Carnival. You can't beat it!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 49g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- ½ bunch spring onions, trimmedand finely sliced
- 5cm ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Scotch bonnet chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon and thyme
- ½ tsp each nutmeg, allspice and ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of 2 limes, plus extra wedges to serve
- 520g pack Co-op British chicken thighs
- 2x 250g packs Co-op microwave long grain rice
- 400g can Co-op kidney beans, including the water
- Combine the oil with half the spring onions, the ginger, garlic, chilli and spices, and half the lime zest and juice
- Pour over the chicken and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or overnight if you have the time
- When ready to cook, heat a griddle pan over a high heat and cook the chicken for 8-10 mins on each side, until cooked through, spooning over any extra marinade when you flip it over
- Add the rice to a saucepan with the beans and their water, then heat for 3-4 mins, until piping hot
- Season, then stir through the remaining lime zest and juice
- Serve the chicken on top of the rice, with the extra spring onion to garnish