Jerk chicken skewers with mango rice
The ultimate sweet and savoury combination – spiced chicken with juicy mango and a herby yogurt sauce.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 69g
Share this recipe
- 280g Co-op easy cook long grain rice
- 2 tbsp jerk seasoning
- 4 Co-op British skinless chicken breast fillets, cut into 3cm chunks
- 3 mixed peppers, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 mango, diced
- ½ x 25g pack coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 limes, 1 zested and juiced,
- 1 cut into wedges
- 150g Co-op 0% fat Greek style natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Cook the rice according to the pack instructions. Meanwhile, sprinkle the jerk seasoning over the chicken, tossing well to combine. Skewer the chicken and peppers onto 4 long metal skewers (or 8 smaller ones) and drizzle over the oil.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat, then add the skewers. Cook for 15-20 mins, turning regularly, until the chicken is cooked through and the peppers are tender and lightly charred.
- Stir the chopped mango, half the coriander, half the lime juice and all the zest into the rice. Season.
- Make a dressing: mix the yogurt, garlic, remaining coriander and lime juice with some seasoning in a small bowl. Serve the rice with the skewers and dressing, plus lime wedges for squeezing over.