Maple-glazed roast chicken
Use up leftover maple syrup in this sweet and sticky roast chicken recipe. It makes a wonderful twist to a traditional Sunday roast
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 3g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 50g Co-op unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp Co-op pure Canadian maple syrup
- 4 thyme sprigs
- 1.8kg Co-op whole British chicken
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7
- In a small pan, melt the butter with the maple syrup and thyme sprigs, until fragrant
- Put a 1.8kg Co-op whole British chicken in a large baking dish and spoon the maple mixture all over
- Roast for 10 mins, then reduce the heat to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6, and cook for another 1 hour and 20-30 mins, until the chicken is cooked and the juices run clear — make sure you baste it regularly
- Rest the chicken for at least 10-15 mins before carving