Mushroom pasta with vegan ‘alfredo’ sauce
Our version of a classic sauce uses almond milk instead of double cream. Try it!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 61g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 300g Co-op linguine
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 250g Co-op closed cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 200g cauliflower florets
- 1 vegetable stock cube,crumbled
- 300ml unsweetened almond milk
- Small bunch parsley, chopped
- Cook the linguine according to the pack instructions
- Reserve a mugful of the cooking water, then drain into a colander and leave in the sink, occasionally rinsing with cold water, so it doesn’t stick to itself
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5 mins, until soft
- Increase the heat slightly, add the mushrooms and fry for 3 mins or until golden, then add the garlic, black pepper and rosemary and cook for another 2 mins
- Transfer to a plate and set aside
- Put the cauliflower, stock cube and milk in the pan and bring to the boil, then simmer for 6-8 mins or until the cauli is tender
- Use a stick blender to blitz into a smooth sauce
- Add the mushroom mixture and simmer gently until the thickness of double cream
- Add 4 tbsp of the reserved pasta water and fold in the cooked pasta
- Heat for 2 mins, scatter with parsley then serve