One-pot chicken & mushroom rice
The two most common leftovers in our fridges – rice and chicken – are combined here with a creamy, garlicky sauce, and on the table in a flash!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 59g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 200g pack Co-op chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, stalks and leaves separated and chopped
- 175g leftover roast chicken, shredded
- 200g leftover cooked rice (or, 250g pack Co-op microwave basmati rice)
- 300ml chicken stock, made with ½ a stock cube
- ½ x 300ml tub Co-op reduced fat crème fraîche
- 100g Co-op frozen British garden peas
- Zest and juice of ½ lemon
- Heat the olive oil in a large, deep frying pan
- Cook the onion for 2 mins, then stir in the mushrooms
- Increase the heat and fry, stirring, until tender and golden
- Stir in the garlic and parsley stalks and cook for 1 more minute, until fragrant
- Add the roast chicken, rice and stock to the pan
- Stir to combine, then simmer for 5 mins
- Stir in the crème fraiche and peas and cook for another 2 mins, until creamy
- To serve, stir in the parsley leaves, lemon zest and juice and spoon into bowls