Parsnip fries with chorizo ketchup
These gluten free parsnip fries make a great seasonal alternative to the classic chip.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 21g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 750g Co-op parsnips, peeled and cut into chips
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- FOR THE CHORIZO KETCHUP:
- 190g Co-op chorizo cooking sausages, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 350g Co-op Italian passata
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Start with the ketchup: gently dry-fry the chorizo in a nonstick pan until it releases oil
- Add the onion, cook for 8-10 mins, then add the garlic and paprika
- Cook for 2 mins
- Add the passata, vinegar and maple syrup then bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for around 20 mins, until the sauce has thickened
- Season to taste, then blitz until smooth. Leave to cool, then transfer to an airtight jar and chill until required
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6
- Put the parsnips in a roasting tray and drizzle with the oil
- Season and roast in the oven for 35-40 mins, until light golden and crisp
- Serve warm with the ketchup.