Persian style courgette and herb frittata
Traditionally called kuku sabzi, our version of this easy frittata is great for using up whichever herbs you have in the fridge.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 2g
Share this recipe
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 2 courgettes, diced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, large stalks discarded
- 25g pack dill, large stalks discarded
- 25g pack coriander, large stalks discarded
- ¼ x 25g pack mint, leaves only
- 5 large Co-op British free range eggs, beaten
- 40g Co-op walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 40g Co-op Greek Feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the grill to high. Heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan, then cook the courgette for 5 mins, stirring, until golden. Meanwhile, blitz the spring onion and herbs in a food processor. Add the beaten egg, whizz to combine, then season well.
- Pour the egg mixture in with the courgette and cook over a low heat for 10-15 mins, until the outside of the frittata is cooked but the middle is still wobbly.
- Place under the grill for 2-3 mins, until golden on top, then serve scattered with the walnuts and Feta.