Prosecco and citrus pancakes
We’ve upgraded the classic British lemon and sugar combo with a splash of fizz – try it for Pancake Day.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 52g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 350ml Co-op Irresistible prosecco
- 50g Fairtrade caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp
- Zest of 1 lemon, juice of ½
- 125g Co-op plain flour
- 2 large Co-op British free range eggs, beaten
- 150ml Co-op whole milk
- Sunflower oil, for greasing
- Vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
- Make a syrup: in a pan, gently heat 200ml of the prosecco, the 50g sugar and the lemon juice until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to the boil, cook for a further minute and set aside.
- Combine the flour and remaining sugar, make a well and add the egg, along with 75ml of the prosecco. Mix to form a smooth batter, drawing in the flour from the sides as you go. Add the remaining prosecco and the milk, whisking well to combine.
- Grease a nonstick frying pan with a little oil and place over a medium heat. When it’s hot, add just enough batter to cover the base, tilting the pan to create a thin, even layer. Cook until the underside is golden, then flip and repeat for the other side. Turn out onto a plate, keep warm, then make 7 more pancakes.
- Fold the pancakes in half, then half again, and drizzle with the prosecco syrup. Sprinkle over the zest and serve with a scoop of ice cream on the side, if you like.