Peanut butter and jelly pancakes
Try something different for Pancake Day with a combination of two American classics: PB&J plus fluffy US style pancakes.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 75g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 300g Co-op self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp Fairtrade caster sugar
- 2 large Co-op British free range eggs, beaten
- 300ml Co-op British semi-skimmed milk
- 350g strawberries
- 3 heaped tbsp Co-op smooth peanut butter
- 10g Co-op British unsalted butter
- 40g Co-op roasted and salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Put the flour and baking powder in a bowl and stir in 1 tbsp of the sugar. Add the egg and a splash of milk, mix until smooth, then whisk in the remaining milk.
- For the ‘jelly’, set 4 strawberries aside and roughly chop the remainder. Cook in a saucepan with the remaining sugar over a gentle heat, stirring frequently until the sugar has dissolved and the strawberries are softened and juicy. Bring to the boil and cook for 1-2 mins to reduce a little. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan set over a medium-high heat, then ladle in large spoonfuls of the batter. Leave until bubbles appear, then flip over and cook until golden. Keep warm while you make more pancakes — you’ll need 16 in total. 4. Heat the peanut butter and butter in a pan until warm and runny, and halve the reserved berries. Stack 4 pancakes on each plate, then drizzle with peanut butter and spoon on the jelly. Sprinkle with peanuts, then garnish with the strawberries.