Roast chicken with sweet and sour leeks
Inspired by Italian agrodolce sauce, this easy chicken traybake gives you a taste of sunshine no matter the weather.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 21g
Share this recipe
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 4 Co-op British chicken breast fillets
- 400g Co-op British trimmed leeks, thinly sliced
- 50g Co-op pitted green olives
- 2 lemons, 1 juiced and zested, 1 cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp Co-op clear honey
- 2 tbsp drained jarred capers
- 75g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Co-op flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Heat half the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the chicken breasts on all sides for 3-5 mins, until golden.
- Scatter the leek slices and olives in the bottom of a large baking tray, then top with the chicken. Place the lemon wedges around it.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, the lemon juice, garlic, honey and capers with some seasoning. Drizzle over the tray and toss everything to combine.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 mins, until the chicken is cooked through. Scatter in the apricots for the final 15 mins of cooking time.
- Remove the tray from the oven, then sprinkle over the parsley, red chilli and lemon zest to serve.