Roasted vegetable toad in the hole
Using odds and ends from the fridge, you can put pretty much anything in this tasty one-tray dinner recipe!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 33g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 3 Co-op British free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 275ml Co-op semi skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp Co-op wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp oregano
- 225g Co-op plain white flour
- 250g pack Co-op long life cooked beetroot, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large carrot, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ broccoli, florets separated and stalk cut into 2cm pieces
- 4 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard and oregano
- Whisk in the flour, season well, then chill for at least 30 mins, or overnight if you can
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6
- Toss the veggies with 1 tbsp of the oil, season, then roast for 20 mins
- Take the veggies out of the tray and pour in the remaining oil
- Return to the oven for 10 mins to heat up
- Carefully pour the batter into the hot oil; it should sizzle
- Scatter over the roasted veggies and return to the oven
- Bake for 30 mins, until the batter has puffed up, then serve immediately
TOP TIP: the batter will work even better if you can leave it to sit overnight. Just cover with a clean tea towel in the fridge.