Savoury vegan waffles
These vegan sweet potato waffles are perfect for brunch – topped with fresh tomato salad and vegan yogurt dressing.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 41g
Share this recipe
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 4 tbsp Co-op olive oil, plus extra for greasing
- 300ml almond drink
- 2 tsp Co-op malt vinegar
- 200g Co-op self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100ml coconut dairy free yogurt alternative
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- 225g Co-op Irresistible piccolo tomatoes
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Toss the sweet potato with the spices, thyme and 1 tbsp of the oil. Roast for 30 mins, then blitz to a purée in a food processor.
- In a bowl, combine the almond drink and vinegar, then leave for 5 mins. Stir in the remaining oil and the purée. Mix in the flour and baking powder until you have a batter.
- Preheat a 2-portion waffle maker and brush with oil. Pour in half the batter and cook for 6-8 mins until turning golden. Remove and keep warm while you cook 2 more waffles.
- For a dressing, combine the yogurt alternative, lemon and garlic. Mix the tomato, parsley and spring onion to make a salad. Top the waffles with the salad and dressing.