Smoky chilli mushroom subs with feta
The veggie alternative to a steak sandwich.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 30g
Share this recipe
- 4 tbsp Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 1 and a half tbsp smoked paprika
- Quater of a tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp Co-op olive oil
- 6 Co-op flat mushrooms, wiped clean, stalks trimmed
- 6 Co-op white finger rolls, split lengthwise
- Half a120g bag Co-op watercress, spinach and rocket salad
- 100g Co-op Feta, crumbled
- Light the barbecue or heat a griddle pan over a high heat.
- Mix the sweet chilli sauce, paprika, ground cumin and oil together.
- Lightly brush the mushrooms with the mixture, wiping off any excess, which could catch and burn.
- Reserve the remaining sauce.
- Cook the mushrooms stalk-side down for 5 mins, then carefully flip them over and cook for a further 5 mins.
- Remove to a warm plate.
- Griddle the bread rolls, cut-side down, for a few seconds to heat through and char slightly.
- Thickly slice the mushrooms and pour any cooking juices into the chilli sauce.
- Top half the roll halves with the mushrooms and drizzle with the smoky chilli sauce.
- Add a few leaves to each, sprinkle with Feta and top with the remaining bun halves to serve.