Smoky sweetcorn soup
This sweetcorn soup is cheap to make and freezes really well — just leave out the crème fraîche.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 25g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 125g pack Co-op trimmed salad onions, finely sliced
- 2 x 198g cans Co-op naturally sweet sweetcorn, drained
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 litre vegetable stock, made with ½ stock cube
- 2 tbsp Co-op reduced fat crème fraîche
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the carrot, celery and three-quarters of the salad onion
- Cook for 8-10 mins, until soft but not caramelised
- Add half the sweetcorn, along with the paprika
- Season, then stir well to coat
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil
- Cover and simmer for 10 mins, until everything is tender
- Blitz with a hand blender until smooth, then stir in the remaining sweetcorn
- Simmer gently for 2-3 mins
- Serve the soup topped with the crème fraîche and garnish with the remaining spring onion