Steak and wedges
The ultimate date night dinner.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 64g
Share this recipe
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 100g crisp salad leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC. Remove the steak from the fridge and, keeping it covered, allow it to come up to room temperature.
- Wash the potatoes, then slice in half and lay them on the flat edge. Cut each half into four wedges and then dry on kitchen paper before tossing in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, crushed garlic cloves and rosemary, then season.
- Spread the wedges out over a large baking tray, so that they are well spaced out and put them in the oven for 30 minutes, turning after 15 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes to the tray after the 15 minutes (or another tray if there isn’t space) and roast alongside the wedges for a further 15 minutes.
- Season the steaks. Melt the butter in a pan until it begins to bubble and froth. Place the steak in the pan and cook over a medium to high heat for 2 minutes. Turn the steak over, add the thyme sprigs and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Let the steak rest on a warm plate with the butter juices poured over the top for 5 minutes before serving with the wedges and some fresh salad leaves.