Sticky onion & savoy cabbage
Think you don't like cabbage? Think again! This sticky vegan side dish transforms savoy cabbage into something truly spectacular.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 17g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 40g Co-op walnut pieces, chopped
- 2½ tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp Co-op Irresistible caramelised red onion chutney
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Co-op British savoy cabbage, finely sliced
- Gently toast the nuts in a large, dry frying pan for 3-4 mins, until golden
- from the pan and set aside
- Keep the pan on a low heat and add the oil, heat for a minute or so, then fry the onion for 8-10 mins, until softened
- Add the garlic and cook for a further minute
- Stir in the chutney and balsamic vinegar, then cook until sticky
- Turn up the heat to medium and stir-fry the cabbage for 3-4 mins, until just tender
- Season, then serve, sprinkled with the walnuts.