Vegan banana & salted peanut pancakes
These vegan banana pancakes are perfect for Shrove Tuesday - simply top with maple syrup, salted peanuts and more banana!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 91g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 large ripe Co-op Fairtrade banana, plus extra slices to serve
- 2 tbsp Co-op Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- 3 tbsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 150ml unsweetened oat drink
- 150g Co-op self raising white flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Co-op pure Canadian maple syrup
- 2 tbsp Co-op roasted and salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Mash the banana with the sugar and 1 tbsp of the oil. Mix in the oat drink
- Put the flour and baking powder in a bowl, make a well and stir in the wet ingredients
- Heat 1 tbsp more of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat, then add 2 ladlefuls of the batter
- Cook for 2-3 mins on each side, until bubbles start to appear, then flip over and cook the other side for 2-3 mins until golden
- Keep warm under a tea towel while you repeat to make 8 pancakes in total, adding the remaining oil as needed
- To serve, drizzle the pancakes with maple syrup and scatter over the peanuts and extra banana