Very berry brownie
Pure indulgence in a mug.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 46g
Share this recipe
- 50g dark chocolate (Why not go for Fairtrade?)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar (or demerara) (Why not go for Fairtrade?)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp vanilla ice cream (optional to serve)
- 1 tsp icing sugar (to dust)
- Preheat an oven to 200ºC.
- Snap the chocolate into a cappuccino style mug and add the butter and brown sugar.
- Warm in a microwave for 45 seconds to melt the butter and chocolate so that you can stir all the ingredients into one chocolate mixture.
- Crack in the egg and mix it quickly together.
- Spoon in the flour and cocoa, then stir to combine.
- Add the raspberries and fold those in, don’t worry if they mush up a little bit. Push the mixture down into the cup and wipe around the edges as these bits will burn, or if easier, transfer the whole mixture to a new cup.
- Bake for 14 minutes until risen but still with a slight wobble in the middle. (Alternatively, microwave on full power, on the edge of the spinning plate, for 2 minutes).
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes (whether it’s microwaved or baked) before serving with ice cream.