Whisky and ginger julep
Make your own ginger and mint syrup beforehand, then use to make this easy whisky cocktail
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 30g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 25g pack mint
- 5cm ginger, sliced
- 200g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 2 tbsp Co-op single malt whisky
- 250ml Co-op Irresistible prosecco
- Fresh mint, to serve
- First, make a ginger and mint syrup. Put the mint, ginger and sugar in a pan with 200ml water
- Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved
- Bring to the boil, then immediately take off the heat
- Leave to steep for at least 30 mins, then strain and discard the mint and ginger (you’ll have about 250ml — the rest keeps, chilled, for up to 1 week)
- To make the julep, divide 2 tbsp syrup and the whisky between 2 flutes
- Top up with 125ml prosecco each. Garnish with extra fresh mint to serve
Drink responsibly. For more information drinkaware.co.uk