Aubergine, halloumi and chick pea traybake
You can tailor this easy halloumi traybake to your taste – use less chilli or different veggies if you like.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 17g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 aubergines, trimmed and sliced into rounds
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 330g pack Co-op cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Co-op red wine vinegar
- 400g can Co-op chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 225g pack Co-op halloumi, sliced
- Flat leaf parsley and crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6
- Toss the onion and aubergine with the oil, oregano and chilli flakes
- Bake for 20 mins, until the aubergine is beginning to soften
- Add the tomatoes and return to the oven for another 10 mins
- Drizzle over the red wine vinegar and stir through the chick peas, crushing the tomatoes as you go to create a sauce
- Lay the halloumi on top and bake for another 10 mins
- To serve, sprinkle over the parsley and use the bread to mop up the juices, if you like