Bacon & mushroom crustless quiche
Also known as a frittata, this dish packs maximum flavour into every slice and is perfect for a picnic. Plus, it's gluten-free!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 4g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil, plus 1 tsp for greasing
- 6 rashers Co-op British smoked rindless back bacon, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 200g Co-op chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 6 large Co-op British free range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 70g pack Co-op wild rocket
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan and cook the bacon and onion for 5-6 mins, stirring frequently, until golden
- Push them to the side of the pan, then add the remaining 1 tbsp oil, the mushrooms and red pepper
- Cook for 4-5 mins more, until tender, then remove from the heat
- Grease and line a 20cm-diameter fixed-base cake tin
- Tip in the mushroom mixture, reserving a little for the top
- Add the egg and chopped parsley, season, then
- pour into the cake tin
- Scatter over the rest of the mushroom mixture, then bake for 30-35 mins, until the frittata is golden and set
- Allow to cool before turning out and slicing to serve, along with the rocket