Breakfast hot cross bun
We've topped slightly sweet Co-op hot cross buns with a classic savoury breakfast combo - and it really works!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 33g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 50g Co-op chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 80g Co-op baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 Co-op hot cross bun, split
- 1 tbsp Co-op unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Co-op British free range egg
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms over a high heat for 5 mins, until golden. Add the spinach and garlic to the pan
- and cook until the spinach is wilted, then season
- Meanwhile, toast the hot cross bun and spread the cut sides with the butter
- Fry the egg in the remaining oil until cooked to your liking
- Fill the bun with the spinach mixture, topped with the egg to serve