Broccoli cheese soup
A proper homemade soup for a taste of luxury — on the table in half an hour.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 11g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200g potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 750g Co-op frozen broccoli florets
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 rashers Co-op Irresistible smoked streaky bacon
- 180g lighter mature cheese, grated
- 6 tbsp Co-op reduced fat crème fraîche
- 40g Co-op garlic and herb croutons (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Cook the onion, potato and garlic over
- a medium heat, stirring, for 5 mins. Once softened, add the broccoli, cover with 1 litre of boiling water and stir in the stock cube
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 5-8 mins, until the broccoli is tender
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a dry nonstick frying pan for a few minutes on each side, until crisp
- Set aside to cool slightly, then break into shards
- Once the broccoli is tender, remove the pan from the hob and use a stick blender to blitz the soup until smooth (you can keep some chunky bits of broccoli, if you prefer)
- Put the pan back over a low heat, stir in the cheese, then season to taste
- Divide the soup between bowls, then dollop 1 tbsp of the crème fraîche on top of each
- Scatter with the bacon shards and the croutons, if using, to serve