Carrot and lentil soup
Spring is here, so try this vibrant bowlful for a lighter weekend lunch
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 31g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 tsp Co-op olive oil
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 250g Co-op British carrots, grated
- 75g Co-op dried red split lentils
- 600ml hot vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a low heat and add the spring onion, garlic and cumin seeds
- Fry for 2-3 mins, until soft and fragrant
- Add the carrot and cook for 5 mins, until slightly softened
- Add the lentils and pour over the hot stock
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 mins, until the lentils are soft
- Blend or mash the soup and season well
- Stir through the lemon zest and juice, scatter over the parsley, and serve sprinkled with some freshly ground black pepper.