Chargrilled sprouting broccoli & clementines
Broccoli and clementines might seem like an odd flavour combination, but it really works
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 5g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 500g purple sprouting broccoli
- 3 tbsp Co-op extra virgin olive oil
- 3 clementines
- 3 cardamom pods
- 2 tsp Aleppo chilli ﬂakes
- Preheat a griddle or barbecue to medium-high
- Halve the purple sprouting broccoli lengthways, then toss in the olive oil and season
- Cook all over until slightly charred, about 3-4 mins, then put in a bowl with a lid to continue cooking in its own steam
- Cut the clementines into slices 5-10mm thick, then cook for 1-2 mins on each side until lightly charred
- Crush the cardamom pods, remove the seeds and discard the husks
- Grind the seeds with a pestle and mortar, then add to the broccoli, along with the clementines, 1 tsp Aleppo chilli ﬂakes, seasoning and a squeeze of clementine juice
- Toss together and serve sprinkled with another 1 tsp Aleppo chilli ﬂakes
This recipe is from Eating for Pleasure, People & Planet by Tom Hunt (Kyle Books). Photography by Jenny Zarins.