This beautiful bake is quick, easy and ideal for sharing round
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 58g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 250g Co-op unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 200g glacé cherries, chopped
- 250g Co-op self raising flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 250g caster sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 5 Co-op British eggs, lightly beaten
- 150g Co-op fat free Greek style yogurt
- 300g icing sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp red food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4
- Grease a 20cm x 30cm cake tin and line with greaseproof paper
- Toss the cherries with 1 tbsp of the flour and set aside
- Mix the rest of the flour with the almonds
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter, caster sugar and almond extract until light and fluffy
- Beat in the egg, a little at a time, and then the yogurt until just combined
- Gradually fold in the flour and ground almonds, then stir in the cherries
- Spoon the batter into the tin and spread to the edges
- Bake for 30-35 mins, until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then cool completely on a wire rack
- Meanwhile, sieve the icing sugar into a bowl, add the lemon juice and beat until smooth
- Put 3 tbsp of the icing in a separate bowl and stir in the colouring
- Spread the white icing over the cake, then spoon dots of the red icing on top
- Gently drag a cocktail stick or skewer through the dots to create a marble effect, then cut into 15 squares.