Cinnamon French toast with ricotta and bananas
Spiced French toast topped with caramelised bananas and creamy ricotta – that's brunch sorted.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 88g
Share this recipe
- ½ x 250g tub Co-op Italian ricotta
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2½ tbsp Fairtrade icing sugar
- 2 Co-op British free range eggs
- 150ml Co-op single cream
- 40g Co-op British unsalted butter
- 8 slices Co-op Irresistible sourdough bloomer
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Co-op Fairtrade bananas, sliced diagonally
- 2 tbsp Co-op flaked almonds, toasted
- Combine the ricotta with ½ tsp of the cinnamon and ½ tbsp of the sugar. Whisk the eggs, cream, remaining sugar and 1 tsp of the cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Melt half the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. In batches, submerge the bread in the egg mixture for 20 seconds, then fry for 2-3 mins each side until golden. Keep warm until needed.
- Put the remaining butter and cinnamon in the pan with the syrup, and fry the banana for 1-2 mins each side until golden.
- Spread the ricotta over the French toast and top with the banana and almonds. Drizzle with any pan juices, then serve.