Dutch baby pancake with lemon and blueberries
Part pancake and part Yorkshire pudding, this fluffy treat makes an excellent breakfast.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 64g
Share this recipe
- 4 Co-op British free range eggs
- 130g Co-op plain flour
- 170ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 50g caster sugar
- 20g Co-op unsalted butter
- 150g Co-op British blueberries
- 1 tbsp Co-op clear honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- 200g Co-op 0% fat Greek style natural yogurt
- 4 tbsp Co-op lemon curd|1 tbsp icing sugar, to dust (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Put a 20cm ovenproof frying pan in the oven to heat up while you prepare the batter.
- Whisk the eggs, flour, milk and sugar together in a mixing bowl to make a batter.
- Using oven gloves, remove the frying pan from the oven, add the butter and swirl until it melts.
- Pour in the batter and return the pan to the oven for 20-25 mins, until the pancake has puffed up and is golden.
- Leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, put the berries in a saucepan with the honey and lemon juice.
- Cook over a medium heat for 8-10 mins, swirling the pan occasionally, until you have a syrupy sauce.
- Put the yogurt in a bowl and fold in the lemon curd, to give a marbled effect, then dollop in the middle of the pancake.
- Top with the blueberry sauce, then dust with icing sugar, if you like.