Fajita-style chicken club sandwich
This triple-decker feast is perfect for personalising. Add salsa, extra veggies or use a different bread – we love pittas too!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 39g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 230g pack Co-op British breaded chicken goujons
- ½ tbsp Co-op olive oil
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- ½ yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 1 tsp each ground cumin, oregano and smoked paprika
- Pinch chilli powder (optional)
- 4 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 6 slices Co-op farmhouse seeded loaf
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 vine tomato, sliced
- 30g Co-op British mature lighter cheese, grated
- Cook the chicken according to the pack instructions
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onion and pepper over a low heat for 8-10 mins, until soft and almost sticky
- Mix the herbs and spices together in a small bowl
- Add 1 tsp of this to the onion and pepper mix, cook for another minute, then remove from the heat and set aside
- Stir rest of the spice mix into the mayo and toast the bread
- Layer up the sandwiches: spread some spicy mayo over the first slice, before adding the onion mix and the chicken
- Add another slice of bread, a little more mayo, then the lettuce, tomato and cheese
- Spread the final slice of bread with the remaining mayo, top the sandwich and cut in half to serve