Grilled courgette, radicchio, olive and butter bean salad
Creamy, sweet and satisfying, butter beans add pep to this smoky, tangy salad. Have it for lunch or dinner!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 13g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 courgette
- Co-op extra virgin olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- 12-16 bitter salad leaves eg radicchio, red chicory, mustard or treviso
- 100g black olives, pitted
- 120g butter beans, cooked
- 1 basil sprig, leaves picked, stalk ﬁnely chopped (optional)
- Lemon zest, to taste
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat
- Meanwhile, slice the courgette lengthways into 5-8mm thick slices
- Brush with a little oil and season well
- Lay the courgette on the hot griddle and cook for a few minutes, until it begins to char
- Flip and grill on the other side
- Remove from the pan and set aside to cool
- Arrange the courgette and bitter leaves on a serving plate
- Scatter over the olives; add the butter beans, basil and a grating of lemon zest
- Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, to serve
This recipe is from Eating for Pleasure, People & Planet by Tom Hunt (Kyle Books). Photography by Jenny Zarins.