Lamb and leek bruschetta
So quick and tasty, these are great as a snack to share, or as a starter
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 67g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 12 slices Co-op baguette
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, cut in half
- 2 Co-op British leeks, sliced
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 100ml Co-op reduced fat crème fraîche
- 4 Co-op British lamb leg steaks
- Handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Lightly brush the baguettes on both sides using 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Heat a nonstick pan and toast the bread for 2 mins on each side, until starting to brown
- Remove and lightly rub each piece on one side with the garlic, cut in half, using the cut side
- Put the leeks, sliced, in the pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and cook, covered, over a low heat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally
- Add the crème fraîche and 2 tbsp water, and bring to a simmer
- Season to taste and remove from the heat
- While the leek is cooking, heat a nonstick frying pan, add the British lamb leg steaks, and fry on a medium heat for 4 mins on each side, or until cooked to your liking
- Place on a chopping board, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 5 mins
- Slice the lamb thickly, discarding any fat
- Top the toast with the leek and lamb, garnish with a handful flat leaf parsley, chopped, and serve on a sharing platter.