Leftover Easter egg traybake
This quick, tasty traybake only has three ingredients and is also gluten free!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 17g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 175g Co-op unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 350g leftover chocolate Easter egg, milk and dark, roughly broken up
- plus 50g dark and 50g white (or whatever you have) to decorate
- 6 Co-op British free range eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180℃/fan 160℃/Gas 4
- Grease a traybake tin (about 18cm x 25cm) and line with greaseproof paper
- Put the Easter egg chocolate in a microwaveable bowl with the butter
- Heat on medium for 1-1½ mins, or until melted
- Set aside to cool slightly
- Whisk the eggs for about 5-6 mins, using an electric hand whisk, until light, fluffy and doubled in size
- Fold a quarter of the whisked egg through the melted chocolate, then carefully fold the chocolate mixture back through the remaining egg, until well combined
- Pour into the tin
- Fill a large roasting dish with 2cm hot water, then carefully sit the tin inside, taking care not to splash any water on the batter
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 mins, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean
- Take the traybake out of the oven and allow to cool completely, then remove from the tin and place on a board
- To decorate the traybake, put the dark and white chocolate in 2 separate bowls, then melt in the microwave as before
- Using a spoon, drizzle the surface of the sponge first with dark chocolate and then with the white. Leave to set, then cut into 15 squares