Try this veg-packed chilli for a comforting winter warmer
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 98g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 mild red chilli, finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 250g lentils
- 1 x 400g can Co-op chopped tomatoes with garlic and oregano
- 1 x 220g can Co-op kidney beans, drained
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 inch piece cinnamon
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and fry the onion and red pepper for 2-3 mins, until just starting to soften but not colour
- Add the chilli, cumin and paprika, and fry for a minute more, before adding the lentils, chopped tomatoes, kidney beans, cocoa powder, cinnamon, sugar and 100ml water
- Bring to the boil and allow to simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 mins, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the veggies are tender
- Serve hot with steamed rice, a dollop of soya yogurt and a sprinkling of fresh coriander, if you like, and extra chilli — for the brave