Mascarpone french toast
Set an elegant table for this indulgent Mother’s Day brunch
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 40g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 slices Co-op white bread
- 2 Co-op British eggs
- 75ml Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- 2 tsp Co-op unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Co-op olive oil
- 60g Co-op Italian mascarpone
- 100g Co-op frozen summer fruits, defrosted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Mix together the sugar and half the cinnamon and set aside
- Lay the slices of bread side by side in a shallow rectangular dish
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, then stir in the milk and the rest of the cinnamon
- Pour the mixture over the bread to cover completely
- Leave for 2 mins for the mixture to soak in, gently pressing the bread down, if needed, to keep covered
- Heat the butter and oil in a nonstick frying pan
- Add the bread and fry on a medium heat for about 2 mins on each side, or until golden brown
- Remove from the pan and cut each slice in half diagonally
- Divide the French toast slices between 2 plates, top with the mascarpone and berries, and serve drizzled with the maple syrup and dusted with the cinnamon sugar.