Not avocado on toast
Swap avocado for broad beans in this seasonal twist on a brunch favourite
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 29g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 4 slices of toast
- ½ red onion, ﬁnely diced
- Sliced red chilli or a pinch of dried chilli ﬂakes, to serve
- Pinch of sumac (optional)
For the guacamole
- 360g fresh or frozen broad beans
- 1 tbsp Co-op extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 6 coriander sprigs, leaves whole,stalks ﬁnely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Start with the guacamole: blanch the beans in a large pan of boiling water for 3 mins, then drain and refresh under cold running water
- Transfer to a food processor, add the oil, half the coriander leaves, the stalks, and the lime zest and juice, then blitz to a smooth purée
- Spread the guacamole generously on the toast and top with the remaining coriander leaves, the red onion, chilli, a dusting of sumac, if you like, and a drizzle of olive oil
This recipe is from Eating for Pleasure, People & Planet by Tom Hunt (Kyle Books). Photography by Jenny Zarins.