Posh eggy bread with cranberry glazed bacon
Treat everyone to brunch with these French-toast-style crumpets
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 54g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 4 large Co-op British eggs
- 4 tbsp Co-op semi-skimmed milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 Co-op Irresistible buttermilk crumpets
- 6 tbsp Co-op cranberry sauce
- 12 rashers Co-op dry-cured smoked bacon
- 2 tbsp Co-op unsalted butter
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Preheat your grill to high
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and pepper. Pour the mixture into a small baking tray, add the crumpets, turning to coat both sides, and leave for 2 mins to let them soak up the mixture
- Heat the cranberry sauce with 2 tbsp water in a small saucepan over a low-medium heat, stirring with a wooden spoon until combined into a glaze, then set aside
- Meanwhile, grill the bacon for 2 mins on each side, until it starts to crisp
- Brush the bacon with cranberry glaze on both sides and return to the grill for 3 mins. Remove and cover to keep warm
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan, add the crumpets, and fry for 3-4 mins on each side until golden
- Serve the crumpets with the bacon on top and drizzle with maple syrup