Butternut squash will also work well for a great-tasting soup
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 26g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Co-op British pumpkin, flesh chopped, seeds reserved
- 1 1/2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 450ml Co-op skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp reduced fat crème fraîche
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4
- Fry the onion and pumpkin in 1 tbsp of the oil over a low heat for 10 mins
- Add the garlic, thyme and fennel seeds, then cook on a medium heat for 5 more mins
- Pour in the milk, bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 mins, 1/2-covered, until the pumpkin is tender
- Meanwhile, remove any flesh from the pumpkin seeds, rinse and toss with the remaining oil
- Roast on a baking tray for 10 mins, until golden
- Blend the soup until smooth, then serve with a dollop of crème fraîche and a scattering of the seeds