Spaghetti with spring greens pesto
This vegan treat is packed with tasty veg and herbs. The greens are blitzed, which is a great way to sneak extra onto kids’ plates without them noticing!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 53g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- ½ x 200g pack Co-op British sliced spring greens, woody stems removed
- 2 x 25g packs basil, chopped, reserving a few leaves to garnish
- ½ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 20g Co-op pine nuts
- 20g Co-op whole almonds, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 2 tbsp Co-op extra virgin olive oil
- 300g Co-op spaghetti
- Put the spring greens, chopped basil and parsley in a sieve over the sink and pour over a kettle of boiling water
- Leave to cool, then squeeze out any excess liquid
- Meanwhile, toast all the nuts in a frying pan over a medium heat for 2-3 mins, until lightly golden
- Put in a food processor, reserving a handful to garnish, along with the greens, herbs, garlic, lemon zest and juice, and olive oil
- Add 2 tbsp water, then blitz into a pesto-like consistency. Season, and add a bit more water to loosen, if needed
- Cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Drain, reserving a little
- cooking water, then return to the pan with a splash of the water and mix in the pesto
- Divide the pasta between four bowls and serve topped with the remaining basil and nuts