Spiced red wine brownies
You wouldn’t expect to see red wine in a chocolate brownie recipe but it really works — give it a go!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 26g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 100g Co-op Irresistible Fairtrade 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 150g Co-op unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 200g Co-op Fairtrade light brown soft sugar
- 2 Co-op British free range eggs, lightly beaten
- 100ml Co-op Fairtrade red wine (we used Shiraz)
- 100g Co-op plain flour
- 50g Co-op Fairtrade cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Zest of 1 small orange
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/Gas 4
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bowl, then set aside to cool for 5 mins
- Meanwhile, lightly grease a 20cm square baking tin with butter and line with greaseproof paper
- Stir the sugar, beaten egg, wine, flour, cocoa, mixed spice and orange zest into the cooled chocolate mixture. Beat thoroughly, then pour into the tin
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 mins, until just set
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool fully in the tin before turning out
- Dust with extra cocoa powder, then cut into 12 squares to serve