Spicy prawns and rice
Spicy rice in a flash with juicy king prawns
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 94.7g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 500g basmati rice
- 2 red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp dried crushed chilli flakes
- About 300g prawns King Prawns
- 25g fresh parsley or coriander, finely chopped (optional)
- Put the rice and double the volume of water (1 litre) into a pan, cover and bring to simmering point. Reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes
- Then take off the heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, gently soften the onions in the oil for 10 minutes or until soft
- Add the turmeric, paprika, garlic and chilli and cook for a couple of minutes
- Add the prawns and herbs, if using, and cook for another few minutes or until the prawns are pink and cooked through. Stir into the rice and serve with lemon wedges