Steak & onion sandwich
A proper steak and onion sarnie is a thing of beauty. Whip this epic lunch up in 30 minutes.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 49g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Co-op white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 60g Co-op Irresistible Gouda, grated
- 2 tbsp sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 227g Co-op Irresistible Hereford sirloin steak
- 1 Co-op demi baguette, halved
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- ½ x 75g pack Co-op watercress
- Heat half the olive oil in a nonstick pan and cook the onions over a low heat for 15-20 mins, until very soft
- Add the vinegar and garlic, increase the heat slightly and cook for another 5 mins
- Stir in the Gouda and sage and set aside
- Brush the steak with the remaining oil and cook in a hot griddle pan for 3-4 mins on each side for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking
- Set aside to rest
- Slice open the baguettes and dip the cut sides into the steak pan to soak up all the juices. Spread with the mayo and spoon on the onions
- Slice the steak thinly, then pile on top of the onions before finishing with the watercress to serve