Sweet & sour halloumi kebabs
These easy halloumi skewers are fun to make and real crowd pleasers. Serve with rice and spring onions.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 28g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 tbsp Co-op Italian tomato purée
- 1 tbsp Co-op light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Co-op white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Co-op clear honey
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 225g Co-op lighter halloumi, cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 120g pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp Co-op vegetable oil
- 2 x 250g packs Co-op microwave long grain rice
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp roughly chopped coriander
- Juice of ½ lime, plus wedges to serve
- Combine the tomato purée, soy, vinegar, honey, ginger and garlic in a bowl, season and set aside
- Spear the halloumi, pepper and pineapple onto metal or pre-soaked wooden skewers and arrange in a large, shallow dish
- Pour over the tomato mixture, brush to coat, then set aside to marinate for 10 mins
- Place a griddle pan over a medium heat and brush with the
- Cook the skewers for 6-7 mins, turning every so often and basting with any of the sauce that’s left in
- the dish, until everything is softened and nicely charred
- You may have to do this in batches
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions
- Put in a large bowl with the spring onion, coriander and lime juice, then toss together and season
- Serve the skewers with the rice and lime wedges on the side