Tea-poached salmon with eggs
Earl Grey flavours the fish delicately, and pairs well with the lemony ricotta in this impressive brunch dish.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 33g
Share this recipe
- 3 Fairtrade Earl Grey teabags
- 2 Co-op farmed salmon fillets
- 125g bag Co-op baby spinach
- 60g Co-op Italian ricotta
- 1 lemon, ¼ zested, then cut into wedges
- 2 slices Co-op Irresistible sourdough bloomer
- 1 tsp Co-op olive oil
- 2 Co-op British free range eggs, poached
- 1 tsp Co-op seed mix, toasted
- Small handful chives, chopped (optional)
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the teabags. Set aside, off the heat, for 5 mins to stew, then remove the bags. Add the salmon, then cook over a medium heat for 4-5 mins, until just cooked. Remove the fish from the pan, then flake into pieces with a fork.
- Pour the tea-infused water over the spinach in a large colander to wilt. Leave to cool then sqeeze out the excess water and chop. Mix with the ricotta, lemon zest and seasoning.
- Brush the sourdough with the oil and toast on a hot griddle. Top with the spinach mixture, salmon and a poached egg each, then sprinkle over the seeds and chives, if using. Serve with the lemon wedges.