Warm butter bean and pesto salad
This gluten free dish with butter beans and creamy pesto dressing makes a great packed lunch.
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 49g
Share this recipe
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 2 tbsp Co-op olive oil
- ½ x 190g jar Co-op Italian green pesto
- ½ x 160g bag Co-op sliced curly kale
- 3 tbsp Co-op 0% fat
- Greek style natural yogurt
- 400g can Co-op butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 25g pecan nuts, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Toss the squash and onion in 1½ tbsp of the oil, 1 tbsp of the pesto and seasoning. Roast for 30 mins until beginning to soften. Add the kale and roast for 10 mins more.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining pesto with the yogurt to make a dressing.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frying pan, and fry the butter beans until they begin to pop and blister. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the roasted veg and pecans to the pan and toss together. Transfer the salad to a serving dish and drizzle over the dressing. Serve immediately.