Watercress salad with warm mustard & bacon dressing
A brilliant recipe for using up leftovers, try this easy watercress, mustard and bacon salad. Plus, it's ready in 15 minutes!
Each serving contains
% of adult’s reference intake | Carbohydrates per serving : 1g
Share this recipe
Shop online and get delivery or collection within 2 hours.
Shop online and get delivery in as little as 2 hours.
Available in selected areas around the UK.
Please switch to another browser to Order online
- 1 Co-op British free range egg
- 2 tbsp Co-op extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 rashers Co-op Irresistible air dry cured smoked streaky bacon
- ½ x 75g pack Co-op watercress
- Crusty bread, to serve (optional)
- Boil the egg in a pan of simmering water for 5½ mins for a jammy centre, or to your liking
- Rinse under cold water, peel then halve
- Meanwhile, whisk the oil, mustard and lemon juice to make a dressing
- Cook the bacon for 3-4 mins, or until crispy, in a nonstick frying pan, then transfer to kitchen paper and pat dry
- Crumble into the dressing
- Toss with the watercress, then serve the salad with the egg on top and the crusty bread on the side, if you like